The Fernox Powerflow Pump Head Adapter fits all standard central heating pumps and the majority of combination and system boilers where the pump is built into the boiler casing. The Fernox Powerflow Pump Head Adapter is supplied with three ‘O’ rings. Use 72mm x 5mm (smallest of the three large rings) for: Grundfos UPS 15-50/60 Circulating Pumps CP/SE range Myson CP Pegler Terrier TC5/TC6 Use 74mm x 6mm (middle sized and slightly fatter ring) for: Wilo Gold Use 80mm x 5mm (largest ring) for: DAB
Instructions for use
1. Isolate the electricity supply, close the isolating valves on the system pump and remove the pump head. Put the pump head to one side.
2. Insert the small flat 40mm x 5mm gasket over the central suction port on the PPHA. This gasket fits all makes of pump.
3. Select the outer large diameter O-ring that best fits the pump – this will vary depending on the make of pump. Refer to the fitting guide.
4. Using the original fixing screws supplied with the pump, fit the PHA in place of the pump head. (If replacement screws are required most pumps use either M5 or M6 size). The PPHA will seal without over tightening using the correct O-ring.
5. Connect your power flushing pump to the PPHA. Use only PLASTIC (PP) ¾” female nut liner and seals, as provided with the Fernox Powerflow pump and PPHA. Secure these to the hoses with screw clamps. The use of metal connectors will damage the thread on the PPHA fittings and reduce its service life. Note that the kidney shaped port on the PPHA is the flow to the system and is marked ‘F’; whilst the central port with the sprung sliding bush is the system return and marked ‘R’.
Care and maintenance
The Fernox Powerflow Pump Head Adapter is made from rugged, acid resistant polypropylene and stainless steel and requires only minimal maintenance. The sliding bush should be cleaned and lubricated with silicone oil or silicone grease as required. Check before use that the bush will spring in and out. O-rings may wear or be lost and may require periodic replacement. A replacement O-ring pack is available.